Do you wish to study in the UK? Good news! We are here to inform you about the JIC Davies Doctoral Studentships application that is currently ongoing at the University of Liverpool. In this article, we will be discussing the scholarship, its worth, its eligibility, and the application process.
The JIC Davies Doctoral Studentships is offered for a Ph.D. degree. The scholarship is provided by the University of Liverpool. The University of Liverpool is a public research university based in the city of Liverpool, England. Originated as a college in 1881, it increased its Royal Charter in 1903 with the ability to award degrees and is also known to be one of the six ‘red brick’ civic universities, the first to be mentioned as The Original Red Brick. It comprises three faculties ordered into 35 departments and schools. It is a formation member of the Russell Group, the N8 Group for research collaboration, and the university management school is triple-crown accredited.
The university was established in 1881 as University College Liverpool, confessing its first students in 1882. In 1884, it became part of the federal Victoria University. In 1894 Oliver Lodge, a professor at the university, made the world’s first public radio transmission and two years later took the first surgical X-ray in the United Kingdom. The Liverpool University Press was originated in 1899, making it the third-oldest university press in England. Students in this period were awarded external degrees by the University of London.
The university is essentially based around a single urban campus approximately five minutes’ walk from Liverpool City Centre, at the top of Brownlow Hill and Mount Pleasant. Occupying 100 acres, it contains 192 non-residential buildings that house 69 lecture theatres, 114 teaching areas, and research facilities.
In the Complete University Guide 2013, published in The Independent, the University of Liverpool was rated 31st out of 124, based on nine measures, while The Times Good University Guide 2008 rated Liverpool 34th out of 113 universities. The Sunday Times university controller lately rated the University of Liverpool 27th out of 123. In 2010, The Sunday Times has rated the University of Liverpool 29th of 122 institutions nationwide.
In 2008 the THE-QS World University Rankings rated the University of Liverpool 99th best in the world and 137th best worldwide in 2009. In 2011 the QS World University Rankings rated the university in 123rd place, up 14. In the Times Good University Guide 2013, the University of Liverpool was rated 29th. Liverpool is rated 122nd in the world (and 15th in the UK) in the 2016 Round University Ranking.
The 2018 U.S. News & World Report rates Liverpool 129th in the world. In 2019, it was rated 178th among the universities around the world by SCImago Institutions Rankings.
The university proposes a wide selection of accommodations that are on campus as well as student villages off-campus. As part of a £660 million investment in campus facilities and student experience, the university has built 3 new on-campus halls, while refurbishing existing accommodations.
Worth of the JIC Davies Doctoral Studentships
Home Tuition Fees are paid, plus living grants at the UK Research and Innovation Council rate (£15,609 in 2021-22).
Eligibility for the JIC Davies Doctoral Studentships
- To be eligible for the JIC Davies Doctoral Studentships, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- To be eligible for the JIC Davies Doctoral Studentships, The applicants must have applied to a Ph.D. program by 18th March 2022.
- To be eligible for the JIC Davies Doctoral Studentships, The applicants should have a proven track record of academic excellence and already show the probable to be outstanding academic researchers.
How to Apply for the JIC Davies Doctoral Studentships
- Applicants for the JIC Davies Doctoral Studentships should send a curriculum vitae, qualification transcripts, 1500-word research proposal, and a 500-word description of earlier research training/experience and envisioned training needs to [email protected] by 4 April 2022.
- Applications for the JIC Davies Doctoral Studentships should make sure the Ph.D. program is submitted by 18 March 2022.
- 2 academic references should be sent individualistically by referees to [email protected] by 4 April 2022.
Application Deadline for the JIC Davies Doctoral Studentships
The application deadline for this scholarship is April 4, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here